The side-lying leg press is an intermediate stage mat train that’s carried out with using the Pilates magic circle. When carried out appropriately, this train targets your glutes, core and inside thighs. Mainly, this exercise is a perfect thigh train that helps strengthen and tone your inside thighs.
The side-lying leg press with magic circle in Pilates is completed to enhance stability, and the train is just like standing leg press and side-lying Pilates mat workout routines. In case you’re a newbie, you could wish to strive these earlier than together with the magic circle in your train routine.
Tips on how to apply the side-lying leg press with magic circle in Pilates appropriately?
To carry out this train, observe the directions given beneath.
- Lay out a yoga mat on a flat floor.
- Lie down on the mat in your facet, and put the magic circle above your ankles. Be sure your hips and shoulders are in a line and straight.
- Transfer each your legs in entrance of the road of your physique, and guarantee your legs stay straight all through the train.
- Slowly increase your physique with the help of your forearm by bending your elbow and aligning it beneath your shoulder. Carry your ribs in order that your backbone is totally straight and in an extended line.
- As you do that, prolong your higher arm at your shoulder peak, and inhale.
- As you exhale, pull your physique up by midline and press the magic circle down in a gradual and managed method. This transfer will stabilise your again and abs, and your thighs, particularly the inside thighs and glutes, to regulate the magic circle.
- Inhale, and launch the circle slowly.
- Repeat the train a minimum of ten occasions on all sides.
Here is a video for reference:
Advantages of side-lying leg press with magic circle in Pilates
The side-lying train largely targets size and makes use of the powerhouse core muscle tissues, which embrace your decrease again muscle tissues, belly muscle tissues, glutes, pelvic flooring and muscle tissues round your hips. Powerhouse core muscle tissues stabilise the trunk as your decrease physique performs independently.
This exercise additionally helps strengthen your adductor muscle tissues which are answerable for holding your legs collectively. Versatile and powerful adductor muscle tissues are essential for all sorts of athletic performances and likewise assist cut back the danger of knee ache and accidents.
Widespread errors to keep away from when practising this train
To get essentially the most out of the side-lying leg press train, be certain that to keep away from these frequent errors:
- When performing the transfer, don’t bend your rib cage. Carry it away from the mat, and ensure it doesn’t sag down.
- This train requires you to elongate your physique from the centre by stretching your physique so far as you’ll be able to. Nevertheless, be certain that to not overextend your physique.
- Do not let your shoulders push up in direction of your ears. Preserve your shoulder blades down in a relaxed place.
Variations to strive
The side-lying leg press with magic circle in Pilates has totally different variations that you may attempt to make the train much more efficient and cozy. Right here’re a number of variations to strive:
1) You’ll be able to carry out the transfer together with your backside arm prolonged on the mat and head down relatively than utilizing it to help your higher physique.
2) You may also put your prime hand on the yoga mat prolonged proper in entrance of you for additional stability relatively than extending it up.
3) You might also provoke a carry out of your decrease leg, as that can assist hold the Pilates magic circle in place.
4) You are able to do this train through the use of totally different rotations in your prime leg. By lifting your legs to various levels of rotation, your inside thighs will get much more labored up, which might enhance your stability.
Necessary ideas for this variation:
- When lifting your legs, hold stretching by your midline, and carry each the legs collectively off the mat.
- As you exhale, press each the edges of the ring in direction of one another, and hold your legs raised.
- Inhale and launch, however hold your legs raised up.
- Decrease the legs, and swap sides.
- Full a minimum of eight to 10 presses.
The side-lying leg press with magic circle in Pilates shouldn’t be carried out by pregnant girls, as doing so may end in pubic bone ache.
Furthermore, in case you have any damage or ache in your shoulders or neck, be certain that to apply this train by holding your backside arm prolonged and head down. In case you really feel any ache or strain throughout this train, cease doing it instantly.