- Girl Gaga has turn into a staple at awards reveals for each her performing and her singing
- The multihyphenate artist’s first massive Golden Globe nomination was for a tune with Elton John in 2012
- She took dwelling her first performing Golden Globe for a tv challenge in 2016
Girl Gaga has definitely cemented herself as a number one expertise in Tinseltown. The star — born Stefani Joanne Germanotta in 1986 — first gained consideration from Hollywood’s annual awards reveals as a singer/songwriter earlier than inflicting a essential commotion along with her performing talents. After all, the previous class continues to be pumping life as she was nominated for Greatest Music on the 2023 Golden Globes along with her hovering ballad “Maintain My Hand” from the yr’s largest blockbuster High Gun: Maverick. And with the Golden Globe present returning to a televised broadcast this yr following inner modifications made by the Hollywood Overseas Press Affiliation — amid the controversy over the dearth of range amongst its former voting physique — followers wish to know all about Girl Gaga’s Globes historical past. Hold studying to search out out all about it, under!
Girl Gaga’s Golden Globe Wins
2016 Greatest Actress Restricted Collection Tv – American Horror Story: Resort
Girl Gaga hit it out of the park on her first time at bat for performing on tv! The “Born This Manner” singer took dwelling the highest prize for her flip because the ruthless, blood-sucking Countess of the Resort Cortez. “[The Countess] needs everybody on this resort to like her for who she actually is, crafty or not,” Gaga advised Variety on the time of the nomination. “Crafty, evil – she feels that they’re all right here on this triumph of the resort due to her. And she or he retains them collectively and he or she needs to be rewarded for that, for who she actually is, and never for the rest.”
The famous person was up in opposition to Felicity Huffman, Queen Latifah and Kirsten Dunst. The present itself misplaced in its Restricted Collection class in opposition to Wolf Corridor, which centered round King Henry VIII’s court docket.
2018 Greatest Music Movement Image – “Shallow”
Girl Gaga teamed up with Bradley Cooper for one more tackle the film A Star is Born. Whereas in addition they obtained nominations for his or her performing, the pair introduced dwelling the gong for the movie’s signature tune “Shallow.” The ditty and its writers received in opposition to such musical icons as Dolly Parton, Linda Perry and Annie Lennox.
Girl Gaga’s Golden Globe Nominations
Along with the 2 awards Gaga received above, here’s a checklist of the awards she was nominated for however didn’t take dwelling.
2012 Greatest Music Movement Image – “Hi there Hi there”
- Girl Gaga teamed up with Elton John to put down the hit tune “Hi there Hi there” from the 2012 animated film Gnomes. Nevertheless, that they had fierce competitors in Madonna along with her “Masterpiece” from W.E. and Chris Cornell along with his “The Keeper” from Machine Gun Preacher, with the Materials Woman taking dwelling the prize.
2019 Greatest Actress Drama – A Star is Born
- Whereas she and Bradly took dwelling the Greatest Music prize for the film, Girl Gaga misplaced within the performing class to Glenn Shut in The Spouse. Nicole Kidman and Rosamund Pike have been additionally up the the award.
2022 Greatest Actress Drama – Home of Gucci
- In one other dramatic function, Gaga took on the actual life character of Patrizia Reggiani, who efficiently plotted to homicide her husband, Gucci scion and designer Maurizio Gucci, who was performed by Adam Driver.
Click on to Subscribe to Get Our Free HollywoodLife Each day E-newsletter to get the most well liked celeb information.