Bruce Springsteen has introduced a brand new album of soul covers, Solely the Robust Survive, out on Nov. 11.
The album is offered for preorder on Springsteen’s web site in vinyl, CD and digital obtain codecs. You possibly can see the monitor itemizing under.
Rumors of a brand new Springsteen album started circulating after Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner casually talked about the discharge throughout an interview with Billboard.
“I’m sort of caught with the music I preferred once I was younger,” the previous journal govt famous. “Give me the Stones. There’s a brand new Bruce [Springsteen] report popping out this fall, which is gorgeous. I’m listening to that.” The brand new album is the twenty first studio LP of Springsteen’s lengthy profession. The Boss’ final album, Letter to You, arrived in 2020.
You possibly can hear the primary single from the album, a canopy of Frank Wilson’s “Do I Love You (Certainly I Do),” under.
In a YouTube video, Springsteen defined the origins and creative significance of the brand new LP. “Now, shortly after Letter to You, and nonetheless throughout COVID lockdown, I went in my studio to report some music I hadn’t written however felt I would prefer to report, and this was one thing I hadn’t executed since [2006’s] The Seeger Classes,” he mentioned. “Earlier than I knew it, I had an album executed. However after all, I threw that one out, as a result of that is how I roll, and that is once we start. So, as previously, by no means to be deterred, I stored recording, and on my second attempt, I discovered a theme I needed to discover.
“Now, I spent my working life with my voice on the service of my songs — confined by my preparations, by my melodies, by my compositions, by my constructions. My voice at all times got here second, third or fourth to the expression of these parts,” he continued. “However this time, I made a decision to do one thing I had by no means executed earlier than: make some music that’s centered round singing, round difficult my voice. Now in my very own memoir, I give my voice somewhat quick shrift by saying I did not assume I had a lot of 1. However as soon as I began on this mission, after listening to among the issues we lower, I assumed, ‘My voice is badass! I am 73 years outdated, I am kicking ass. I am a very good outdated man!'”
Information of Solely the Robust Survive comes simply as Springsteen is gearing up for a 2023 tour. The trek kicks off Feb. 1 in Tampa and runs till an April 14 efficiency in Newark, N.J. From there, the Boss will head abroad for a run of European dates.
The tour can be Springsteen’s first with the E Road Band since 2017. He just lately got here underneath hearth for top ticket costs for the performances, particularly Ticketmaster’s “dynamic pricing” for “Official Platinum” seats, which have soared previous $4,000 per ticket in some circumstances.
Bruce Springsteen, ‘Solely the Robust Survive’ Observe Itemizing
1. “Solely the Robust Survive” (Initially carried out by Jerry Butler)
2. “Soul Days” (Dobie Grey) feat. Sam Moore
3. “Nightshift” (The Commodores)
4. “Do I Love You (Certainly I Do)” (Frank Wilson)
5. “The Solar Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore” (Frankie Valli / The Walker Brothers)
6. “Flip Again the Palms of Time” (Tyrone Davis)
7. “When She Was My Lady” (The 4 Tops)
8. “Hey, Western Union Man” (Jerry Butler)
9. “I Want It Would Rain” (The Temptations)
10. “Do not Play That Music” (Ben E. King / Aretha Franklin)
11. “Any Different Approach” (William Bell / Jackie Shane)
12. “I Forgot to Be Your Lover” (William Bell) feat. Sam Moore
13. “7 Rooms of Gloom” (The 4 Tops)
14. “What Turns into of the Brokenhearted” (Jimmy Ruffin)
15. “Sometime We’ll Be Collectively” (Johnny & Jackey / Diana Ross and the Supremes)
Bruce Springsteen Albums Ranked
As a result of he spent so lots of his childhood painstakingly crafting his albums, we don’t typically consider Bruce Springsteen as a prolific artist.