Though Edouard Mendy completed on the dropping facet in final night time’s EFL Cup closing towards Liverpool, he did obtain yet one more outstanding private milestone.
The Senegalese stopper was substituted within the closing minute of additional time at Wembley with yet one more clear sheet on a showpiece event beneath his belt. Here is a fast whip-around of some eye-catching information & figures we noticed on the socials as we speak:
📲 Monday social stat assault
- On Saturday, Ben Foster (38y 329d) turned the oldest visiting goalkeeper to maintain a clear sheet towards Manchester United at Previous Trafford within the Premier League. Certainly, the earlier oldest visiting keeper to attain this feat was David Seaman (38y 231d) for Arsenal in Might 2002.
- Edouard Mendy is the primary goalkeeper in historical past to have saved a clear sheet in a Champions League, AFCON and EFL Cup closing.
- As regards to the EFL Cup closing, Jordan Henderson is now the one Liverpool captain in historical past to have lifted the Premier League, Champions League, UEFA Tremendous Cup, Membership World Cup and EFL Cup.
- Final night time, 19-year-old Villarreal winger Yeremi Pino turned the primary participant to attain 4 objectives in a single LaLiga match since Leo Messi in February 2020.
- Hellas Verona striker Giovanni Simeone has scored extra objectives (15) than every other Argentinian participant throughout Europe’s high 5 leagues this season. Atlético Madrid’s Ángel Correa and Inter Milan’s Lautaro Martínez have 11 objectives apiece.
In case you missed it, you possibly can take a look at eight things we learned in the Premier League this weekend as effectively.